Jeffrey D. Polsky serves as co-chair of the firm’s Labor and Employment Department. He focuses his practice on business and employment litigation and counseling. He represents clients in disputes relating to : claims of discrimination and harassment, wage and hour compliance.
Recognizing the risk and expense inherent in litigation, Jeff has extensive experience in alternative methods of resolving disputes, including mediation. In addition to his litigation practice, Jeff advises and counsels employers on a wide range of employment law issues, including : reorganizations, corrective actions, accommodating disabilities.
Jeff also handles commercial litigation matters including claims involving breach of fiduciary duty, restrictive covenants, director and officers liability, statutory violations, and other business disputes.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeff was a partner with Kauff McClain & McGuire LLP in San Francisco, California, where he practiced for nearly 20 years. Jeff completed an externship with the Honorable Robert J. Kelleher, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, and worked on COMM/ENT, the Hastings Journal of Communications and Entertainment Law. After law school, Jeff spent two years as an associate at Martin, Ryan, and Andrada in Oakland.
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D., 1985)
- University of California, Berkeley(A.B., 1982)
- American Bar Association – Section of Labor Relations
- State Bar of California – Labor and Employment Law and Litigation Sections
- Bar Association of San Francisco – Labor Law Section
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Rate : $$$$