Jeffrey A. Rosenthal is partner of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP. Jeffrey Rosenthal’s practice focuses on general commercial and international arbitration and litigation, as well as sports law. Jeffrey joined the firm in 1992 and became a partner in 2001.
He has represented numerous foreign and domestic entities before a wide variety of judicial and arbitral bodies, including the International Chamber of Commerce, the London Court of International Arbitration, the American Arbitration Association, the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, UNCITRAL, the Society of Maritime Arbitrators, and a number of federal and state courts.
Jeffrey has tried or arbitrated cases through merits hearings concerning international joint venture disputes, intellectual property, sports contract disputes, maritime issues, bankruptcy, breaches of contract, insurance law, bilateral investment treaty disputes and tort law, among others.
He is also a member of the Court of Arbitration for Sport and has been appointed to serve as arbitrator in connection with proceedings involving the Ladies Professional Golf Association and a National Basketball Association club.
- Western Digital’s SanDisk subsidiary in multiple ICC arbitrations (and twice obtaining injunctive relief in California state court) in a multi-billion dollar dispute with Toshiba concerning Toshiba’s proposed sale of its memory business.
- The Bank of New York and one of its subsidiaries in connection with numerous lawsuits arising out of the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme.
- FIFA in connection with the evaluation of the United States’ bid to host the 2026 World Cup and in relation to the event generally.
- The U.S. Nortel estate in an unprecedented, simultaneous seven-week cross-border trial concerning the allocation of $7.5 billion from the global liquidation of the assets of the Nortel Networks group of companies.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 1992
- Dartmouth College, A.B., 1989
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York; District of New Jersey
- U.S. Courts of Appeal, Second, Third, Sixth and Ninth Circuits
Rate : $$$$