Jeffrey S. Moore practices in the area of health care law. He represents hospitals, freestanding health care providers, managed care and physician clients on Medicare and Medicaid payment issues, corporate compliance matters, Anti-Kickback Act and Stark law issues, and health care transactions.
His health law practice includes defending health care providers and suppliers undergoing investigations and audits, including handling Medicare and Medicaid claims appeals. Mr. Moore assists hospitals and other health care clients in physician relation matters, including the drafting of medical staff bylaws and the handling of peer review hearings.
He also handles administrative appeals before the Provider Reimbursement Review Board and the Office of Inspector General, advising clients regarding state certificate of need laws and other state licensure issues and assisting in the preparation and negotiation of contractual arrangements between hospitals, physicians and other health care entities including, but not limited to, mergers and acquisitions and joint venture arrangements.
He is also a member of Phelps Dunbar’s health care corporate compliance team, which performs legal risk analysis functions and the preparation of corporate compliance plans regarding Medicare billing issues, fraud and abuse, the Stark laws and other laws applicable to the operation of a hospital, health care system or physician’s clinic.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1991
- Tulane University, B.A., magna cum laude, in English, 1988; Phi Beta Kappa
ADMISSIONS : Mississippi
- American Bar Association
- The Mississippi Bar Association – Health Law Section (Chairman 2001-2002 and 2015-2016, Vice-Chairman, Secretary-Treasurer, Executive Committee)
- American Health Lawyers Association (Vice Chair of Regulation, Accreditation and Payment Practice Group)
- Mississippi Chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association
Rate : $$$