Jeffrey S. Sabin, provides clients with creative solutions to complex issues affecting distressed entities worldwide. Jeff manages high-profile Chapter 11 and 15 bankruptcy proceedings, out-of-court restructurings, and debt restructuring transactions, and provides and implements strategies to achieve client goals in reorganization.
Jeff assists public and private companies, lenders, committees of secured and unsecured creditors, bondholder and noteholders’ committees, board directors, investors, and acquirers. He has an accomplished track record guiding these clients through proceedings involving notable U.S. and multinational companies.
- Represents the Official Unitholders Committee in the Woodbridge Chapter 11 cases
- Represents Capital Royalty Group as secured lenders in multiple cases, including Synergy Pharmaceuticals
- Represented Wexford Capital as a significant creditor and member of the Creditors Committee in the Breitburn Energy Chapter 11 cases
- Represents multiple talent/artists in the Weinstein proceedings
- Represented secured creditors in General Motors, Chrysler, Spansion, Lyondell, and Nanogen proceedings
- Represented Pimco as secured creditor and debtor-in-possession (DIP) lender in Energy Future Holdings proceedings
- Represented a large public company in defense of a multi-billion-dollar fraudulent transfer action in Tronox proceedings
- Represented a secured lender in Pacific Energy Resources proceedings
- Represented steering committee of secured lenders in MGM Studios proceedings
- Represented ad hoc bondholders’ committee in PRG Schultz proceedings
- Represented debtors and a reorganized public company in Metrocall-USA Mobility proceedings
- Represented a major financial institution in connection with off balance sheet financings, and collateral sales in Enron proceedings.
- Represented the acquirer of hospitals in Primary Health Systems proceedings
- Represented a proponent-funder of the plan of reorganization in Integrated Resources proceedings.
- Represented the funders of plan of reorganization in Allegheny International proceedings
- Represented the proponent of the plan of reorganization in Sharon Steel Corporation proceedings.
- J.D. cum laude Boston College Law School 1977
- B.A. magna cum laude Cornell University 1974
- B.S. Cornell University 1974
Bar Admissions : New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Professional Memberships :
- Fellow, American College of Bankruptcy
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Bankruptcy Committee
- Former chairman, NYCBA, Subcommittee on Fraudulent Conveyance Law
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency, and Bankruptcy Professionals
- Authored many published articles and outlines on bankruptcy and related topics
- Director of Globalization of Justice.
Community : Co-led counsel in securing a precedent-setting ruling against the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on behalf of a class of almost one million people left homeless by Hurricane Katrina.
Rate : $$$