Jeffrey A. Sherman loves solving corporate finance and governance challenges for growing businesses. He finds practical, business-focused solutions regarding securities regulation, corporate financing, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance.
He leverages experience in private practice and as deputy general counsel of an international, publicly traded medical device company to drive growth for clients.
Jeff represents companies and investment banks in connection with over $3 billion in securities offerings, including IPOs, secondary offerings, registered direct offerings, Rule 144A offerings and foreign offerings. Jeff also counsels public companies in ongoing private transactions, issuer tender offers and stock repurchases.
Jeff represents buyers and sellers in public and private mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. He also represents investment banks in their role as financial advisor in M&A transactions, including with deal structuring, engagement letters and fairness opinions.
Jeff regularly counsels public and private companies regarding corporate governance matters, contract preparation and negotiation, and ongoing strategic, transactional and regulatory matters. Jeff works with public companies and is a thought leader regarding issues related to SEC reporting, resales of restricted securities and equity compensation.
Jeff represents issuers, placement agents and investors in private placements of debt and equity securities, including in connection with PIPEs and venture capital rounds. He also represents operating companies in connection with strategic investments.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D. (1993)
- Miami University (Ohio), B.A. cum laude (1991)
Bar Admissions : New York, Colorado.
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Professional Associations :
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals: Rocky Mountain Chapter — Vice President, Programs
- Association for Corporate Growth — Ambassador
- Colorado Cleantech Open — Legal Advisor
- Denver Bar Association
Civic Activities :
- Project Homeless Connect Denver
- Homeless Veterans Stand Down
- Social Ventures Partner, Denver — Founding Partner
Rate : $$$