Jeffrey Sims is an attorney in the Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Mr. Sims has broad experience with international corporate and commercial transactions, in particular with investment in Asia. He has practiced with major international law firms in Beijing, Hong Kong and San Francisco, and with investment management firms in London.
He has advised on the regulation of derivatives and other financial products, and has structured and traded commodities, including energy and metals, as well as foreign exchange and fixed income. He has advised clients on cross-border investment, mergers and acquisitions, technology licensing and related global business problems.
Mr. Sims is fluent in Chinese and conversational in Japanese. He has significant experience with international acquisitions, with activity in several countries simultaneously. His transactions have included:
- structuring and negotiating various Asia acquisitions for a major European consumer products company;
- restructuring the China business of a major technology company, including the spin-off of a business division;
- advising a venture capital fund on structure and investments in Asia, including the development of onshore and offshore investment vehicles; and
- negotiating technology licensing and consulting agreements throughout Asia and the United States
- J.D., Harvard Law School (1994)
- Editor, Harvard International Law Journal
- M.A., Columbia University
- School of International and Public Affairs
- B.A., Stanford University
- Phi Beta Kappa
Rate : $$$