Jeffrey D. Skinner focuses his practice in product liability and toxic torts, complex litigation, class action defense, and internal investigations. He has represented a diverse group of clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, financial services, telecommunications, transportation, technology, and health care.
He has practiced in trial and appellate courts throughout the United States, as well as before the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- National counsel to a major building products company in asbestos personal injury lawsuits in state and federal courts around the country.
- Representation of products manufacturers and premises owners in asbestos and silica personal injury lawsuits in state courts around the country.
- Internal investigation on behalf of a medical device manufacturer in response to an FDA warning letter following an allegation that the manufacturer’s product caused the death of a patient.
- Counseling an international medical device manufacturer about products liability risks involved with contemplated implantable devices to be introduced to the U.S. market.
- Representation of a nationwide debt collector in class actions alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), 47 U.S.C. § 227, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), 15 U.S.C. § 1692 et seq., and various state statutes regulating debt collection calls.
- Representation of a large investment bank in an arbitration involving a dispute over non-payment of the bank’s fee following successful completion of a $20 million round of financing.
- Representation of national non-profit organizations in disputes concerning control of real property located in California, Texas, Illinois, Virginia, Georgia, and Wisconsin.
- Representation of a plaintiff alleging civil rights violations against the police department of a major U.S. city in three-week federal jury trial resulting in an award of compensatory and punitive damages.
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Georgetown University, B.S.F.S., 2000
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$