Jeffrey F. Webb serves as the national leader of the firm’s Labor and Employment practice group. He represents employers in complex employment litigation and in arbitrations and lawsuits brought by highly compensated senior executives.
His employment class actions practice focuses on wage and hour collective actions and class actions, ERISA class actions, and employment discrimination class actions. Jeff also has a wealth of experience litigating non-competition and trade secrets issues, and he prosecutes and defends restrictive covenant cases in both state and federal courts.
Jeff has first-chaired jury trials and bench trials and has also served as lead defense counsel in FINRA, AAA, and JAMS arbitrations. He has successfully argued before federal appellate courts, as well as state intermediate and supreme courts.
Jeff counsels employers on a wide range of labor and employment matters including non-competition and trade secret issues, workforce reorganizations, employee discipline and discharge issues, harassment and discrimination allegations, executive employment agreements, wage and hour issues, and disability and leave issues.
He advises on the employment law issues that arise in corporate transactions, and he has experience representing employers in labor arbitrations, negotiating collective bargaining agreements, and handling unfair labor practice charges.
Jeff represents clients in a variety of industries including financial services, private equity, investment funds, health care, higher education, high technology, new media, entertainment, retail, and manufacturing.
Jeff has experience as both a senior government regulator and a senior in-house counsel. During his years of public service, Jeff headed up teams of prosecutors and civil enforcement attorneys who were responsible for ensuring compliance with employment laws.
As Vice President of Legal Affairs for Fox Entertainment Group, Jeff advised Fox executives, managed outside counsel, and headed up a team of in-house lawyers who litigated employment cases filed against the company’s film, television and sports subsidiaries.
- BSE, magna cum laude, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1985
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 1988; Graduation Award for Oral Advocacy
- LLM, London School of Economics and Political Science, 1989; Kahn-Freund Labor and Employment Merit Scholar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Lead counsel defending a big-four accounting firm in a series of putative wage and hour class actions in state and federal courts across the country challenging the classification of thousands of employees as exempt from overtime.
- Lead counsel in a multi-year defense of an industry association and twelve member companies in a putative class action in federal court in California alleging disparate impact discrimination, disparate treatment discrimination, and harassment.
- Lead counsel defending private equity fund in putative wage and hour class action filed by employees of a portfolio company alleging misclassification in Delaware bankruptcy court.
- Lead counsel defending college in putative wage and hour collective action in federal court in Massachusetts challenging calculation of the regular rate for overtime.
- Lead counsel defending healthcare company in putative wage and hour collective action in federal court in Florida alleging off the clock work.
- Lead counsel defending talent agency in a putative class action filed by television writers alleging unfair competition and aiding and abetting age discrimination in California state court.
- Lead counsel defending social media company in AAA arbitration filed by former Chief Operating Officer seeking millions of dollars as a result of change in control.
- Successfully obtained judgment for aerospace industry employer after a four-week California state jury trial in action against former employee for unfair competition, breach of contract, breach of confidence, and tortious interference with contractual relations.
- Lead counsel in defense of talent agency in a putative class action filed by television writers alleging unfair competition in state court in California.
- A defense award after a four-week arbitration before three retired judges on claims for disparate treatment and harassment based on race and gender in a multi-party case.
Rate : $$$