Jeffrey D. Wexler litigates complex intellectual property and a variety of disputes for large to mid-sized businesses. Over nearly 30 years of practice, Jeff has focused on helping clients achieve the litigation results that they need to accomplish their business objectives.
He has experience in intellectual property litigation, false advertising, environmental litigation, franchise law, unfair competition/Section 17200 claims, False Claims Act litigation and commercial disputes in general. Jeff practices in federal and state trial and appellate courts and before the Trademark Trial & Appeal Board.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented toy company in defense of copyright infringement and implied contract claims involving an animated children’s television show.
- Represented manufacturer of automotive air filters in false advertising lawsuit brought against competing manufacturer, obtaining $7.3 million jury verdict in favor of client on its claims and defense verdict on competing manufacturer.
- Represented flooring manufacturer in defense of claims for antitrust violations, inequitable conduct and false patent marking, through dismissal of all claims on motions to dismiss and for summary judgment and affirmance by Federal Circuit.
Associations : Los Angeles County Bar Association
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1987
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 1984
ADMISSIONS : California
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. Alfred T. Goodwin, Chief Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
Rate : $$$$