Jeffri A. Kaminski is a litigation attorney who represents high-tech clients in the protection and enforcement of their intellectual property rights. His experience includes all aspects of patent prosecution and enforcement, and he works with clients to identify and safeguard their IP assets.
He has prepared and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications related to blockchain, mobile devices, drones, software, computer architecture and networking, and business process management. He also litigates complex technical patent infringement actions.
Jeff has appeared before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), arguing appeals effectively for his clients. Patents he has obtained on behalf of clients have been enforced and licensed, generating licensing revenue for his clients and keeping competing products out of the market.
In addition, Jeff has defended numerous technology companies, such as Sony and BlackBerry Corp., in patent infringement disputes, resulting in favorable outcomes for the clients.
- Served as lead counsel for defendants in a patent infringement case involving video compression; obtained dismissal of the case at the close of fact and expert discovery, and award of fees and costs (Automated Video Tech., LLC. V. BlackBerry Corp. et al.)
- Served as lead counsel for the defendants in a case involving technology for encrypting and decrypting documents (MAZ Encryption Tech., LLC v. BlackBerry Corp. et al.)
- Served as lead counsel for the defendants in a patent lawsuit involving software for simulating business processes; obtained a dismissal with prejudice at the close of document discovery (YYZ v. Software AG, et al.)
- Representing defendants in a case alleging infringement of multiple patents related to data encryption and cryptography; obtained a stipulation of non-infringement of the majority of patents in the case; case is now stayed, pending reexamination (TecSec, Inc. v. International Business Machines Corp., et al.)
- J.D. with distinction Ohio Northern University, Claude W. Pettit College of Law 1996
- B.S.E.E. University of Pittsburgh 1992
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Professional Memberships :
- Member, American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- Member, Patent Lawyers Club of Washington.
Rate : $$$$