Jeffry M. Blair’s practice focuses on federal income tax law. Jeff’s practice focuses on federal income tax law with emphasis on corporate acquisitions and reorganizations, joint ventures using partnerships and limited liability companies and tax planning for domestic and international companies.
- Represented large publicly traded and closely held entities in structuring, negotiating and implementing acquisitions, dispositions, reorganizations, and liquidations.
- Advised private equity funds with respect to the federal, state and international tax consequences of acquisition and disposition of portfolio companies.
- Represented and advised partners and partnerships regarding all tax aspects of partnership operations, including drafting of complex partnership agreements.
- Represented publicly traded foreign energy corporation in the acquisition and restructuring of their U.S. operations.
- Advised start-up technology companies with respect to tax planning for the domestic and international use and exploitation of their intellectual property, including venture capital financing and business structure.
- Advised publicly traded credit corporation in $3.5 billion sale of company.
- Represented issuers in public and private offerings of debt securities.
- Represented issuers in offerings of “trust preferred” securities and other financial securities.
- Adjunct professor of advanced corporate tax and partnership tax at Southern Methodist University School of Law.
- LLM, New York University, 1994
- JD, Southern Methodist University, cum laude, 1993
- MBA, University of Tulsa, 1983
- BS, University of Kansas, 1976
- Member, American Bar Association, Tax Section
- Member, Texas State Bar Association, Tax Section
- Member, Missouri State Bar Association
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Chairman, State Bar of Texas Corporate Tax Section, 2010-2011
- Vice Chairman, State Bar of Texas, Corporate Tax Section, 2008-2010
Rate : $$$