Jen L. Dlugosz is a hands-on litigator who defends businesses in toxic tort and product liability matters in some of the most dangerous jurisdictions across the United States. Often taking a lead role in toxic tort cases in the Chicago area.
Jen has served as national coordinating counsel for toxic tort claims and defended clients in repetitive litigation and pre-litigation claims stemming from product liability issues and recalls. She regularly takes and defends depositions and appears in court on behalf of clients in asbestos, toxic tort and product liability matters.
Jen works closely with clients to uncover the facts of cases by talking with company leaders, employees and expert witnesses. She knows the importance of keeping up with clients, understanding their views on the case, and learning their concerns and objectives.
As the attorney who runs the firm’s Toxic Tort Monitor blog, Jen stays on the cutting edge of case law in that area. In addition to product liability and toxic tort experience, Jen’s broad range of litigation experience includes commercial litigation, white collar investigations, insurance litigation and contract disputes.
- Served as national coordinating counsel for defense of asbestos litigation on behalf of large global company. Supervised local counsel nationwide and developed global strategies for defense of these matters, including settlement and trial strategies.
- Managed automotive tort and warranty claims across several jurisdictions, including pre-litigation claims. Negotiated dismissals and favorable settlements.
- Represented nuclear power plants in insurance disputes over outage and property damage claims. Assisted one client in obtaining favorable settlement through mediation.
- Represented food manufacturer in contract litigation dispute with commercial customer. Obtained favorable summary judgment and appellate rulings.
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law
- B.A., Lake Forest College
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Chicago Bar Association, Judicial Review Committee, 2014-present
- Defense Research Institute, Young Lawyers Steering Committee, 2014-2016; Toxic Torts & Environmental Law Steering Committee, 2012-present
Rate : $$$$