Jenifer A. Belt joined the firm in 1995 and practices in the health law practice group. Jeni’s practice includes both transactional and litigation matters for a range of health care providers, including health systems, hospitals, long-term care providers, physician groups, physicians, and health care networks.
She also regularly counsels general corporate entities regarding their health law concerns, such as health care reform implications for employers, employee medical records, employer health plan questions, and other areas. Her principal areas of practice include regulatory compliance, fraud and abuse, reimbursement, hospital-physician relations, HIPAA, managed care, and licensure and certification.
She has written articles and lectured on various health law topics, including the Affordable Care Act and its Implications for Health Care Providers and Employers, HIPAA, the Medicare Modernization Act, compliance programs, fraud and abuse, and risk management.
- J.D., magna cum laude, The University of Toledo College of Law, Order of the Coif, Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, 1995
- B.A., cum laude, Miami University, 1992
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Ohio, 1995
- Michigan, 1996
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- Toledo Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Dental Center of Northwest Ohio, Board Chair
- Sylvania Franciscan Ministries, Board Member
- Health Law Committee of the Ohio State Bar Association, past Chair
- Toledo Firefighters Health Plan, former Board Trustee
- University of Toledo College of Law Alumni Association, past President
Rate : $$$