Jenna Disser is an associate in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Corporate and Antitrust & Competition Practices. Ms. Disser worked for Lewis Brisbois as a clerk during her final year of law school before going to work as Corporate Counsel for a large global manufacturing company headquartered in Denver.
With a solely Denver-based legal team, Ms. Disser was responsible for a variety of corporate and legal matters spanning across 30 different countries and industries, including the Oil & Gas, Agriculture & Infrastructure, and Automotive industries.
Ms. Disser, as one of only seven in-house attorneys, quickly became the “utility player” as she developed expertise in everything from Oil & Gas commercial contracts to hostile work environment claims. Prior to her role as Corporate Counsel, Ms. Disser also worked as a legal intern in the Enforcement Division of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Ms. Disser was tasked with investigating insider trading cases and executive compensation disclosure violations. Although Ms. Disser learned a lot during her time with the SEC, her biggest piece of advice after leaving the job – “Don’t ‘forget’ to account for the corporate jet!”
Back at Lewis Brisbois, Ms. Disser continues her practice with a focus on Corporate & Business Transactions matters. With her prior experience as Corporate Counsel and a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Ms. Disser speaks the language of her corporate clients and is able understand and communicate the legal issues related to their businesses.
Corporate & Business Practices :
- Negotiated a multi-million dollar commercial sales agreement for new product development that included complex IP provisions and exclusivity restrictions
- Drafted and reviewed procurement contracts averaging $100-$200 million in spend annually with suppliers of everything from steel cord to industrial manufacturing equipment to bicycle parts.
- Developed a strategy for negotiating high-risk Oil & Gas contracts when the client had little bargaining power
Product Liability :
- Co-developed a Product Liability Risk Management Policy to allow the client to effectively track reports of product quality issues and take quick action when required under government regulation
- Assisted in the planning and deployment of a product recall program under the Consumer Product Safety Act
- Created and presented training materials to employees of large corporate client to educate them on the relevant reporting requirements for product quality issues
Anti-trust & Competition :
- Drafted several Minimum Advertised Price Policies for various corporate clients and offer on-going advice to clients regarding the monitoring and enforcement of such policies
- Created and presented anti-trust training programs to large corporate clients for use in training employees on basic principles of anti-trust law as it relates to their sales operations
Employment & Labor :
- Reviewed an international client’s health and safety policies and drafted country-specific guidance to ensure compliance with local employment laws when implementing and enforcing such policies
- Designed and produced a new global training program to educate plant-level employees on the company code of conduct in a quick, easy manner using short videos and posters translated in local languages
- Investigate and respond to a variety of employment claims alleging racial, age, gender, and disability discrimination filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission .
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Admissions : State Bar Admissions, Colorado
- Member, Minoru Yasui Inn of Court
- Member, Colorado Women’s Bar Association
Representative Cases :
Advised Estenson Logistics, a Phoenix-based contract carriage company, on the federal antitrust issues pertaining the acquisition of $300 million of its assets by The Hub Group, a publicly-traded transportation management company, including preparation and filing of Estenson’s notification and report with the FTC and DOJ under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act.
Rate : $$$