Jenna Lee’s practice encompasses a wide variety of government-related matters, including representation of clients before local, state and federal legislative bodies and regulatory agencies, as well as representing public- and private-sector clients on land use, regulatory and development issues, ranging from annexation to zoning. She also assists a mix of clients with zoning and regulatory due diligence associated with complex real estate transactions.
Jenna helps major telecommunications companies, utilities, and public and private entities navigate a wide range of regulatory and governmental issues. Her unique training and experience as a city planner allow her to understand the legal issues facing clients and to appreciate the broader context of clients’ land use and development challenges and goals.
Jenna also has expertise in state and local tax incentives available to existing and new Georgia businesses and has served as bond counsel in multiple bond-lease finance (“phantom bond”) transactions.
Additionally, her expertise in the new federal Opportunity Zone program has helped her assist clients in navigating the Opportunity Zone regulations and establishing qualified opportunity zone funds. As part of a full range of services, Jenna assists :
- Developers and other entities in land use and zoning due diligence, including preparing zoning applications and ushering matters through the local zoning process.
- Existing and new Georgia businesses in obtaining state and local tax incentives, including bond-lease finance (“phantom bond”) transactions.
- Clients in navigating the new federal Opportunity Zone investment program, including establishing qualified opportunity zone funds.
- National telecommunications companies in their expansion efforts in Georgia and the Southeast, including obtaining local permits and zoning approvals necessary for telecommunications towers, small cells, rooftop and in-building facilities.
- Companies in navigating a range of governmental licensing requirements, including local and state alcoholic beverage licenses and business licenses.
Representative Matters :
- Served as bond counsel to national businesses in obtaining Georgia ad valorem tax incentives through bond-lease finance (“phantom bond”) agreements.
- Assisted wireless communication companies in connection with obtaining local zoning and development approvals for telecommunications facilities in Georgia.
- Assisted a major university in its efforts to be annexed to the city of Atlanta.
- Served as counsel to various businesses, neighborhood groups and individuals on zoning, planning and development matters before local and regional authorities.
Professional Experience : City Planner, AECOM, 2012-2014
- Georgia Institute of Technology, M.C.R.P., 2011
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., 2007
- University of Georgia, B.A., 2003
COURT ADMISSIONS : Georgia Superior Courts
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$