Jenni K. Katzer has more than 10 years of experience as a commercial litigator with an emphasis on corporate insurance matters. She defends insurance companies and corporate clients against allegations of breach of contract, bad faith, misappropriation of trade secrets, and unfair competition in actions filed in federal and state forums across the country.
Jenni also evaluates and manages claims under commercial general liability, professional liability, directors and officers, employment practices, fidelity, and manuscript policies.
In this capacity, she oversees large international claims; manages litigation strategy and defense budgets; evaluates potential risk exposure; counsels stakeholders; and supervises large teams of staff, attorneys, consultants and experts for complex matters.
Jenni takes a holistic approach to every matter. Prior to entering practice, Jenni was a mediator and mediator-instructor. Jenni is sensitive to competing litigation and commercial priorities and enjoys working closely with her clients to achieve their goals, both inside and outside the courtroom.
Representative Matters :
- Defended a first-layer excess professional liability insurer against claims by a managed care health organization in the California Superior Court, Los Angeles County.
- Obtained a complete dismissal of all claims by a restaurant owner alleging breach of contract and bad faith, against an employment practices liability insurer in the Superior Court of California, Los Angeles County.
- Defended a first-layer excess directors and officers liability insurer in an action filed by a class of judgment creditors alleging breach of contract and bad faith in the U.S. District Court, Central District of California; obtained a complete dismissal of all claims.
- Defended a professional liability insurer in an action filed by a psychologist alleging breach of contract in the Superior Court of California, San Francisco County.
- Defended a German manufacturer in an action filed by a supplier in the Superior Court of California, Orange County.
- Defended a directors and officers liability insurer in an action filed by a semiconductor manufacturer in the U.S. District Court, Northern District of California.
- Defended a commercial general liability insurer against breach of contract and bad faith claims in the U.S. District Court, District of Washington; submitted briefing on an area of first impression in the jurisdiction.
Professional and Community Involvement : Certified Information Privacy Professional, United States (CIPP/US)
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., Top grade: Remedies (fall 2006), Civil Justice Mediation Clinic (spring 2007); Best Attorney Award, Stanford University Bay Area Mock Trial Invitational (spring 2006), 2007, with concentration in Civil Litigation; Senior Notes Editor, Hastings Law Journal (2006-2007)
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Dean’s Honor List (spring 2003), 2003
BAR ADMISSIONS : California, District of Columbia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Rate : $$$