Jennie L. La Prade, a Los Angeles-based Pillsbury Litigation partner, prosecutes, defends and negotiates complex business disputes for a global clientele. Jennie litigates commercial, real estate and financial institution disputes, representing clients through discovery, trial and appeal in federal and state courts, and resolves disputes through ADR.
She has counseled creditors in problem loan situations and bankruptcy proceedings, and defended banks and corporations in contract and tort cases. Additionally, Jennie defends and asserts a full spectrum of intellectual property-related matters, and litigates employment claims involving breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, and wage and hour class actions.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Served as lead trial counsel for a petroleum company, successfully resolved a multimillion-dollar dispute with two other oil and gas companies concerning a pipeline.
- Represented a foreign financial institution as lead trial counsel in a global dispute over certain trademarks, and obtained successful resolution during opposition proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Served as lead trial counsel for a financial institution, successfully resolving a multimillion-dollar dispute with a software vendor over failure to provide required banking software.
- Prosecutes and defends against claims of patent infringement, copyright, trademark and service mark infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition, false designation of origin, breach of implied contract and breach of confidence.
- Prosecutes and defends against various IP and business tort claims involving greeting cards, computer software, video games, video music, and various mechanical devices, among other things.
- Represents management in cases filed by employees alleging breach of contract, discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge and related torts.
- J.D., University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 1978
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1975
ADMISSIONS : California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Southern and Northern Districts of California
Rate : $$$$