Jennifer Calcagni, a partner in Carmody Torrance Sandak & Hennessey’s Intellectual Property Group, practices in the area of intellectual property law, including patents, trademarks and copyrights. Jennifer represents clients before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and advises commercial and manufacturing clients.
Jennifer handles IP matters for clients that range from start-up businesses to multinational corporations as well as University clients, which include preparing and securing U.S. and foreign patents and trademarks.
Her IP experience spans a wide variety of fields such as photopolymers, chemical coatings, plating chemicals and processes, precision machinery, stepper motors, organic chemistry, bulk metallic glasses and mechanical devices.
Prior to joining Carmody & Torrance, Jennifer spent three years as a Patent Examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office and six years as an engineer providing standards for development for the Environmental Protection Agency under the Clean Air Act and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
- Advise businesses on intellectual property issues, including patents, trademarks, and copyrights
- Draft patents for a multinational chemical company
- Draft complex patents in the areas of physics, engineering and material science for a University client
- Secure trademark and service mark protection for start-ups and small businesses
- Successfully convinced the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to reexamine the validity of patents belonging to a client’s competitor
- Persuaded the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences to reverse the findings of an examiner, which resulted in the granting of a valuable patent to a client
- Prosecuted a reissue application to broaden the scope of a client’s patent
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Waterbury Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, J.D., 1998 ,cum laude
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, B.S., 1992
Rate : $$$$