Jennifer Tschetter is actively involved in all aspects of the medical marijuana industry through her representation of applicants for licensure, licensed medical marijuana treatment centers, and ancillary businesses. She has worked in both the public and private sector since the inception of this burgeoning industry in Florida and now works exclusively with clients in the private sector to find solutions to new and complex issues.
Jennifer is familiar with all aspects of the industry including licensure requirements, operational compliance, complex business transactions, and corporate governance. Her administrative law and general government consulting activities on behalf of clients include assistance with rulemaking, licensing, disciplinary disputes, government procurement, regulatory compliance as well as all types of administrative litigation.
Jennifer’s clients benefit from her 10 years of public sector experience, predominantly at the Florida Department of Health, where she served as general counsel for nearly three years. As chief of staff and ultimately chief operating officer for the Department, she was responsible for more than 16,000 employees at 250 locations and a budget of $2.8 billion.
Jennifer started her public service career at the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Jennifer is co-chair of the firm’s national medical marijuana task force.
- University of South Dakota School of Law (J.D., Sterling Honors, 2001)
- Winner of the Sam Masten Intramural Moot Court Competition (1999)
- ABA Moot Court Tournament, Regional Champion and National Qualifier (2001)
- South Dakota State University (B.S.Political Science, 1998)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Member, Florida Bar Association (2001-present)
- Health Law Section (2009– present)
- Administrative Law Section (2009 – present)
- State Bar of South Dakota (2005)
Rate : $$$