Jennifer Altman has litigated in state and federal courts and in arbitration forums across the United States, including the American Arbitration Association, JAMS and the American Health Lawyers Association.
In addition to complex commercial cases, a portion of Jennifer’s practice is dedicated to sophisticated health care-related litigation for providers, physicians and health maintenance organizations involving a myriad of legal issues including those arising under state and federal rules and guidelines (Medicaid and Medicare).
She is highly experienced in all aspects of pre-trial and trial work, and equally adept at providing strategic advice to assist clients in evaluating their operational risk and aid them in finding business solutions that drive value. Jennifer serves as office managing partner for Pillsbury’s Miami office.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Involved in Bush v. Gore, the case that decided the 2000 presidential election.
- Part of the trial team for the second bellwether trial in In Re General Motors LLC Ignition Switch Litigation, the MDL case pending in the Southern District of New York.
- Served as lead trial counsel for group of plaintiffs in significant business theft case, including theft of the venture’s trade secrets and other proprietary information, that was affirmed on appeal.
- Served as lead counsel in arbitration for a health care payer relating to the theft of business opportunities and other tortious conduct that resulted in significant arbitration award in favor of the client.
- Represented magazine publisher in significant copyright action that helped change the landscape for collective work reproduction of copyrightable materials.
- American Bar Association (litigation and business sections)
- Florida Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- J.D., University of Miami, 1990
- B.A., Finance, Florida State University, 1986
ADMISSIONS : Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
Rate : $$$