Jennifer D. Arkowitz focuses her practice on global trademark portfolio management and she represents some of the world’s most popular brands. She handles a broad range of domestic and foreign clearance, prosecution, enforcement, and acquisition matters. Jennifer advises clients across many industries.
She represents clients in the consumer wearable and electronics space and has extensive trade dress and product design experience. She manages global trademark portfolios and brand protection programs for popular mobile and online technology brands, including peer-to-peer content sharing and creation services.
Jennifer also regularly advises clients in the entertainment industry, developing and managing title clearance and protection strategies.
While in law school, Jennifer competed in the 2003 Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition in trademark and unfair competition law. She won the National Championship as well as Best Oral Advocate and Best Brief in the Western Regional competition.
Prior to attending law school, Jennifer was a research analyst for Congressional and Gubernatorial races in Washington, DC. She was also a legislative liaison for the Arizona Department of Economic Security and worked for the Arizona Legislature.
- Represents AliphCom, a manufacturer of wireless headsets, in a trademark infringement suit involving wireless communications devices. AliphCom v. MyTalk, Inc., No. 3:2010cv04918 (N.D. Cal. filed Oct. 29, 2010).
- Represents AliphCom dba Jawbone, a manufacturer of wireless headsets speakers, and other products enhancing mobile technology, in a trade dress infringement suit involving packaging for wireless communications devices. AliphCom, et al. v. Doe, No. 3:2012cv00655 (N.D. Cal. filed Feb. 9, 2012).
- Represents AliphCom dba Jawbone, a manufacturer of wireless headsets speakers, and other products enhancing mobile technology, in a trade dress infringement suit involving packaging for wireless communications devices. Aliphcom v. Blueant Wireless, Inc., No. 3:2009cv01195 (N.D. Cal. filed Mar. 18, 2009).
- Served as primary counsel for Clif Bar & Company, a leading maker of sports/energy/nutrition food and beverages, in a trademark infringement suit. Clif Bar & Company v. Luna Fitness of Tempe LLC, No. 2:2011cv00660 (D. Ariz. filed Apr 5. 2011).
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D. (2004)
- Arizona State University, University Honors College, B.S., Justice Studies (1997) summa cum laude
- Arizona State University, University Honors College, B.A., History (1997) summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Rate : $$$