Jennifer Artman defends clients in the automotive, trucking, construction and insurance industries in both state and federal courts nationwide. She has experience in all key phases of litigation: initial case assessment and negotiation, efficient written and deposition discovery, drafting and arguing pre-trial and trial motions, mediation and arbitration, and trial preparation. Jennifer has also drafted and argued successful dispositive motions.
A key portion of her practice is advising clients on product safety to minimize tort and product liability risk and exposure. Jennifer also represents her clients interests in state government. Jennifer has testified before multiple state legislative committees in support of common-sense changes that will provide necessary and critical updates to state law.
In addition to her trial and counseling work, Jennifer regularly handles appellate work at state and federal appellate courts and state supreme courts. Drawing on her experience as a law clerk for The Hon. William Ray Price, Jr. of the Supreme Court of Missouri and an extern for The Hon.
Karen King Mitchell of the Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District, Jennifer strategizes appellate arguments, drafts briefs and other appellate materials, and constructs effective oral arguments. Jennifer has written appellate briefs, writs, motions for transfer and amicus curiae briefs for a wide array of issues, including matters of tort law, juror nondisclosure, expert qualification, contract interpretation, enforcement of arbitration agreements, and insurance matters. She has argued cases before several appellate courts in both state and federal cases.
Outside of work, Jennifer is an avid runner and hiker. She enjoys races of all distances and recently met a personal goal by qualifying for the Boston Marathon in 2017. She combines her love for running with a passion for heart health by working as a member of the Executive Leadership Team of the Heart Walk, the American Heart Association’s premier event to raise awareness of heart health in Kansas City.
- J.D., University of Missouri – Columbia, 2011 (Certificate in Dispute Resolution)
- Order of the Coif
- Missouri Law Review, Lead Articles Editor
- C. Wallace Walter Award (top grade in first year)
- The Hon. Warren D. Welliver Award (best work in Torts)
- Sidney Faber Award (best work in Criminal Law)
- Extern to The Hon. Karen King Mitchell, Missouri Court of Appeals, Western District
- B.A., summa cum laude, Missouri State University, 2008 (History, departmental distinction)
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Association for Women Lawyers
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Lawyer’s Association of Kansas City
- KCMBA Bar Leadership Academy (2013-2014)
- Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court Program (2014-2015)
- Griffiths Leadership Society for Women
- Missouri Girls State
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art – Young Friend of Art
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri, Volunteer Attorney Project Fundraising Committee
- American Heart Association Heart Walk, Executive Leadership Team
- The Hon. William Ray Price, Jr., Supreme Court of Missouri
Rate : $$$$