Jennifer Blues Kenyon’s practice focuses on the defense of corporations in individual and complex tort, product liability and consumer protection matters. She has experience in all stages of litigation, including fact investigation, depositions, expert and fact witness preparation, motion practice and trial.
Jen has served on numerous trial and case teams that have consistently achieved successful results for their clients, including in the defense of Engle-progeny smoking-and-health cases. Her work has included class actions, third-party payor cost recovery actions, consolidated claims by individual smokers and individual smoking-and-health cases.
Jen has learned every aspect of defending a complex case from the ground up by focusing on Engle litigation.
Jen also coordinates class-action settlements, counseling clients on whether to enter into settlement negotiations and how best to structure a settlement agreement and administer its terms.
She defends claims arising under state and federal consumer-protection statutes, such as the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, which have involved advertising, debt collection and sales practices.
In her pro bono work, Jen represents parents and children in family court. In recognition of her leadership in helping to bring more effective learning to new associates, she has received the firm’s Stanley D. Davis Award for Excellence in Professional Development. Kansas City Businessmagazine also named Jen to its “2014 Class of Influential Women.”
- J.D., cum laude, Saint Louis University, 2010 (Certificate in Health Law)
- Order of the Woolsack
- Student Bar Association, Class Representative
- Teaching Assistant/Faculty Fellow to Professor Nicholas Terry
- Academic Excellence Awards (Federal Income Taxation, Constitutional Law II)
- Moot Court Competition Finalist
- Intern to the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of Missouri
- Judicial Extern to The Hon. George W. Draper III, Missouri Court of Appeals (former)
- B.S., cum laude, Binghamton University – SUNY, 2006 (Business – Marketing and Finance)
- Women’s Basketball
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Susan G. Komen of Greater Kansas City
- Breast Cancer Race for the Cure – St. Louis, Missouri, and Binghamton, New York
- Habitat for Humanity – St. Louis, Missouri, and Kansas City, Missouri
- Kansas City Friends of Alvin Ailey
Rate : $$$$