Lenders that are structuring and originating construction, bridge and permanent real estate loans and borrowers looking to obtain such loans come to Jennifer Bojorquez for advice on managing risk and liability while investing in development.
Jennifer counsels lenders, developers and investors on a variety of real estate finance matters, including all aspects of financing, purchase and sale, and leasing transactions.
Her work includes handling loan originations on single lender, multi-lender and syndicated project loans involving resorts, residential developments, master planned communities, and commercial, retail and industrial buildings.
Jennifer also represents seller/servicers on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily loan origination and servicing matters, including loans under the Freddie Mac SBL, TAHX and capital markets securitized loan programs.
Jennifer has represented clients on troubled loan transactions, advising multiple lenders on the sale of several notes sold through auction and on the sale of multiple broken resort, commercial and residential projects throughout California.
This experience has given her an invaluable understanding of structuring, negotiating and documenting finance transactions, with a perspective on risk management and long-term strategy.
Jennifer applies these insights as she represents clients on a wide variety of purchase and sale and leasing matters on multifamily, office and other commercial properties. An active member of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Jennifer is a frequent speaker on a variety of real estate and real estate finance topics.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a seller/servicer on a $180 million Fannie Mae loan to three TIC borrowers secured by a newly constructed multifamily project on ground-leased property in Menlo Park, California.
- Represented a seller/servicer on multiple Freddie Mac loans to a select sponsor with various preferred equity investors.
- Represented a seller/servicer on a $17 million Fannie Mae loan secured by a multifamily project on land ground-leased by a public university.
- Represented a seller/servicer on a pool of 11 loans under Freddie Mac’s TAHX program secured by affordable housing projects.
- Represented a national bank on a $17 million construction loan to finance the acquisition and rehabilitation of a multifamily complex.
- Represented a regional lender in a $26.7 million construction loan for a new manufactured housing community.
- Represented a regional lender on multiple bridge loans on multifamily apartment and office complexes.
- Represented a borrower on a $19 million construction and renovation loan from a life company for two industrial buildings in San Diego.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, Finance Committee, St. Joseph Hospital Foundation
- Secretary (2016); Orange County Program Chairperson (2015), Sponsorship Chairperson (2008-2010); Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Member, Board of Directors (2010-2013); Co-chair, 30th Anniversary Fundraising Lunch, Human Options
- Member, Real Estate and Finance Sections, Orange County Bar Association
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- James Madison University, B.A., magna cum laude
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$