Jennifer M. Broder is a corporate partner in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. Ms. Broder’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, general company representation and securities law compliance.
She represents public and private clients in a variety of transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, investments, and other corporate transactions. She also regularly advises boards, founders and other key stakeholders on corporate governance and other strategic matters.
Representative matters include:
- Advice to boards and independent directors of several Fortune 500 companies in connection with governance matters and disclosure obligations.
- The Yucaipa Companies in various investment and capital markets transactions, including as shareholder in the $725 million initial public offering of Americold Realty Trust.
- BDT Capital Partners, LLC in connection with its investment in the $7.5 billion acquisition, together with majority investor Joh. A. Benckiser (JAB), of Panera Bread Company.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. in a variety of transactions, including its purchase of the Van Tuyl Group, then the largest privately held auto dealership group in the United States.
- MGM Resorts International in its acquisition of its joint venture partner’s interest in Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa.
Ms. Broder is a member of the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Philharmonic. She is also a member of the Wolters Kluwer Securities Regulation Advisory Board. Before joining Munger Tolles, Ms. Broder served as a law clerk to the Honorable Leo E. Strine, Jr. while he was Chancellor on the Delaware Court of Chancery.
Ms. Broder graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School and received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Stanford University. Before attending law school, she worked in management consulting, where she helped advise clients on a range of strategy and operations projects.
- Harvard Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2011)
- Stanford University (B.A., 2006)
- Honorable Leo E. Strine, Jr., Delaware Court of Chancery, 2011-2012 (currently serving as Chief Justice on the Delaware Supreme Court)
Bar Admissions : California
Rate : $$$$