Jennifer J. Bruton is a real estate attorney representing clients in all aspects of sophisticated commercial real estate finance, acquisition, disposition, development, and leasing projects.
Jennifer has significant experience in capital formation for real estate investments, including joint ventures, mezzanine financing, commercial loans and securitized financing transactions, EB-5 financing, and preferred equity transactions.
She assists clients in the acquisition, development, and financing of a variety of real estate projects in multiple asset categories, including residential and commercial developments, office buildings, retail and shopping centers, and multifamily housing, and represents entrepreneurial and institutional investors.
Jennifer also advises clients on DC’s Tenant Opportunity to Purchase Act. Jennifer serves as the administrative partner of Venable’s Washington, DC office and is a member of the firm’s Opinion Letter Committee. Jennifer formerly served as the hiring partner of Venable’s Washington, DC office.
Prior to joining the firm, Jennifer was an associate in the real estate and network group of the general counsel’s office of a large telecommunications provider, where she concentrated on commercial leasing and telecommunications issues.
- Represented a regional developer in the acquisition, syndication, and financing of a $175,000,000 mixed-use development in Virginia, including securing a $131,250,000 acquisition loan. The development contains in excess of 500,000 square feet of retail space, 150,000 square feet of office space, and several hundred apartment units
- Represented a regional developer in the acquisition, financing, and development of an 18-acre mixed-use development in Ward 7 of the District of Columbia, including with respect to eminent domain issues and TIF and EB-5 financing
- Representation of a regional investor in the acquisition, financing, and sale of more than 40 triple-net (NNN) leased properties
- Represented a New York–based developer in a $24,450,000 construction loan for a multifamily development, and in the related preferred equity investment
- Represented a government contractor in the acquisition of its 165,000 square foot headquarters in Tysons, and in the later sale and leaseback of the headquarters
- J.D. Wake Forest University School of Law 1997
- B.A. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 1993
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, North Carolina (inactive) 2009
- Actively represents several clients through Venable’s pro bono program
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$