Jennifer M. Cormier is a senior associate practicing primarily in the areas of employment and executive compensation. She focuses her practice on corporate transactions, advising clients throughout the deal process and over the life of an investment. Her client base include private equity sponsors, public companies, and private companies across the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia.
Jen’s experience ranges from negotiating senior management arrangements (including employment agreements, incentive equity awards, cash compensation plans, earn-outs and restrictive covenants) to advising on sensitive executive separations.
She counsels on all aspects of the employment relationship, including wage and hour law compliance, employee discipline and disputes, new hires, and layoffs. In the context of corporate transactions, she frequently advises on employee transition and onboarding issues, as well as post-closing workforce integration matters.
- JD, cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2011; Award for Top Grade, International Labor and Employment Law; Award for Top Grade, Negotiation and Mediation
- BS (Political Science and Communication), summa cum laude, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2002; Phi Beta Kappa
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 2012
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES :
- Member, Board of Directors, Citizens for Juvenile Justice (2011-present)
- Member, Board of Directors, Families for Depression Awareness (2008-2010; 2012-present)
- Represented Mitsubishi Bank and its affiliates in several transactions and provides ongoing employment and executive compensation counseling with respect to those acquisitions
- Represented Baring Private Equity in several transactions, including its investment in the BPO business of TELUS International
- Regularly represents Samsonite in acquisitions, divestitures and ongoing employment and executive compensation matters
- Represented Kohlberg & Co. in several transactions, including its investments in U.S. Risk, Amendia, Inc., Risk Strategies, and Osmose Utilities, and provides ongoing employment and executive compensation counseling across Kohlberg’s portfolio
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in several transactions, including its investments in Duckhorn Wine Company, Pabst Blue Ribbon and Lucky Vitamin, and provides ongoing employment and executive compensation counseling across TSG’s portfolio
- Represented Advent International in its investment of Ansira Partners and provides ongoing employment and executive compensation counseling with respect to this acquisition.
Rate : $$$