Jennifer Burgess is counsel in the Labor & Employment department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Chicago office. Her practice focuses on ERISA claims. Previously, Ms. Burgess worked as a staff attorney with the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission. Ms. Burgess also taught labor and employment law, business law, legal writing, and contracts to paralegal students at Truman College in Chicago.
She volunteered for many years with a local workers’ rights center as a worker advocate and educator, and has served on the board of a non-profit women’s health collective. While attending law school, Ms. Burgess clerked with a union-side labor and employment law firm and completed an internship at the EEOC.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law (2007)
- Outstanding Student Award Recipient, National Association of Women Lawyers
- President, Women’s Bar Association, DePaul Chapter
- CALI Award: Labor and Employment Arbitration; Economic Justice, Identities, and Markets
- B.A., University of Delaware (1994)
- Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$$