Jennifer Ewing is a partner in the private client group. Jennifer’s practice encompasses a wide variety of trusts and estates matters, including estate planning, trust administration and estate settlement. She works with high net worth clients, including private equity principals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs and families with generational wealth, on developing tax-efficient estate plans that also meet their personal, non-tax goals.
Jennifer advises clients regarding the use of sophisticated estate planning techniques to aid with the accumulation, preservation and transfer of wealth. Jennifer also serves as trustee and personal representative of many family trusts. As a fiduciary, she works closely with clients to understand their priorities and goals and to ensure that trusts are administered in a way that is tax-efficient and responsive to their needs.
Jennifer serves as a trusted advisor to her clients, helping them navigate complex family dynamics and make key distribution decisions that will meet their goals for family wealth planning. Jennifer is frequently invited to speak on a wide range of trusts and estates topics, and has been recognized as a best lawyer for trusts and estates by Best Lawyers in America.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2006
- BA, summa cum laude, Princeton University, 2003
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts, 2007
CLERKSHIPS : Honorable Claire V. Eagan, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma (2006 – 2007)
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- American Bar Association
- Member of the Professional Advisor’s committee at The Boston Foundation
- Boston Bar Association, co-chair of the Public Policy Committee and former co-chair of the Estate Planning Fundamentals Committee
- Assisted private equity directors in transferring carried interests to family trusts for the benefit of future generations
- Coordinated establishment of family limited liability company for director of publicly traded company
- Served as trustee and distribution advisor for numerous family trusts
- Developed and implemented successful gift program involving GRATs, coupled with post-GRAT GST tax planning
- Advised client on structuring estate plan to provide for spouse and children from a previous marriage in a tax-efficient manner
- Worked with donor and community foundation to create a unique and highly individualized succession plan for a donor-advised fund to ensure subsequent generations’ involvement in charitable endeavors while maintaining community foundation oversight of the funds.
Rate : $$$