Jennifer Hall practices in the labor and employment area, as both a trial lawyer and consultant for several of the Jackson office’s premiere clients. A shareholder licensed in both Mississippi and Tennessee, Jennifer assists clients in areas including single plaintiff and multi-plaintiff discrimination defense, employee classification issues, retaliation defense, state employment law issues, and wage and hour matters.
She frequently represents employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor and Mississippi Department of Employment Security, and in federal and state courts.
Jennifer coordinates the Jackson office’s Third Thursday Labor & Employment Breakfast Briefing series and she is a frequent speaker and author on employment issues.
She takes an active role in the Mississippi Bar Association, serving on its Women in the Profession Committee and its Labor and Employment Section Executive Committee, as well has having served as president of the Young Lawyers Division in 2011– 2012. Inside the Firm, she serves on the Pro Bono and Recruiting Committees and has been a recipient of the Jackson office’s pro bono award.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2002
- University of Mississippi School of Business, B.B.A., 1999, magna cum laude
- Tennessee, 2010
- Mississippi, 2002
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 2002
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, 2002
Representative Matters :
- Obtain dismissal of Section 1981 and Section 1983 claims and punitive damages demand under Title VII for municipal airport authority.
- Obtained jury trial defense verdict in favor of airport authority sued for alleged reverse discrimination based upon failure to promote.
- Obtained summary judgment against Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) in enforcement action against home health agency, affirmed in part on appeal to Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals after oral argument.
- Won summary judgment on pro se plaintiff’s race discrimination case against automotive parts manufacturer.
- Obtained summary judgment for life insurance company in a ERISA challenge to the company’s denial of long-term disability benefits.
- Won dismissal of lawsuit against facilities operations and management company based upon pro se plaintiff’s failure to timely serve the complaint.
- Received summary judgment for casino in employee’s disability discrimination case.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Recipient – Baker Donelson’s CEO Circle Award for Public Service (2014)
- Recipient – Baker Donelson Jackson Pro Bono Attorney of the Year (2008)
- Member – American, Mississippi, Tennessee and Capital Area Bar Associations
- Member – Mississippi Women Lawyers Association
- Fellow – Mississippi Bar Young Lawyers
- Member – Capital Area Human Resources Association (CAHRA)
Community and Civic Involvement:
- Sustaining Member – Junior League of Jackson
- Alumni – Leadership Greater Jackson Class of 2009
Rate : $$$$