Jennifer R. Garner is a Partner in the Firm’s Chicago office where she practices real estate law. She has experience working on local and national matters involving the acquisition, disposition, financing, and leasing of commercial properties.
Jennifer drafts and negotiates purchase and sale agreements, financing documents, reciprocal easement and operating agreements, and leases. A significant portion of her practice includes office, retail and industrial leasing for both landlords and tenants.
Jennifer also counsels clients on issues involving leasehold improvements, assignments and subleases, and other issues related to the landlord/tenant relationship, and drafts and negotiates lease related documentation.
Representative Experience :
- Representation of multiple institutional property owners in negotiating office and retail leases and related ownership issues for numerous major office buildings in downtown and suburban Chicago
- Representation of a major office building REIT in its nationwide leasing program, including serving as a resource for in-house and outside counsel in addressing all legal issues regarding the negotiation, transfer and enforcement of letters of credit
- Representation of multiple property owners in the leasing and related ownership issues for a number of office and industrial buildings located in the Chicago metropolitan area
- Representation of a major academic medical center in connection with real estate acquisitions and development
- Representation of a national insurance company in the acquisition and disposition of multi-family, office and industrial properties
- Representation of a windfarm operator in negotiating and documenting easement and license agreements
Professional History :
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate, Locke Lord LLP
- Associate, DLA Piper (US)
- J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 2008
- B.A., English and Political Science with a Minor in Applied Statistics, with high distinction, University of Michigan, 2004
Admissions : Illinois
Rate : $$$