Pillsbury partner Jennifer Jordan McCall chairs the Estates, Trusts & Tax Planning practice and is a leading authority on U.S. and international gift and estate planning. Jenny has been recognized by Chambers for the National, Western and Northern California Regions and by Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers in California and New York.
She has been named 2019 International Global Business Award’s Trusts & Estates Lawyer of the Year – USA, as well as Wealth Management Lawyer of the Year in California by Corporate INTL (2017-2019),Global 100 (2018), and M&A Today (2017-2018).
She is based in the Silicon Valley, New York and Palm Beach offices and represents private clients. Jenny is admitted to practice law in California, Florida and New York.
Jenny crafts tax-savings business succession and estate transfer plans that preserve wealth and enhance family relationships. Her clients include internationally renowned museums and corporations, charities, foundations, high net worth families and individuals, fiduciaries and nonprofits.
Jenny’s experience includes complex trust and estate administration and litigation; gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes; spousal rights of election and rights of adopted children; endowments; and tax aspects related to disposition of corporate holdings and financial transactions.
Jenny is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (“ACTEC”), where she serves as a member of the International Tax Planning and Estate and Gift Tax committees. She has lectured extensively and conducts seminars on estate and tax planning.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Advised the owner of hedge funds and private equity funds on establishing a long-term tax-exempt trust for his descendants that appreciated to billions of dollars and saved hundreds of millions of dollars in transfer tax.
- Represented a family with multiple trusts and generations in resolving complex financial and family issues while preserving the trusts for the protection of the family beneficiaries.
- Advised the owner of a valuable real estate business on tax-saving strategies, transferring the business to younger generations and charitable components.
- Fellow, The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
- Trustee and Secretary of the Board of Trustees, San Francisco Ballet Association.
- Chair of the Board of Trustees, President and Founder, The Baker Institute for Children with Hearing Loss.
- Princeton University Planned Giving Committee (Co-Chair, 2019).
- LL.M., New York University School of Law, 1988
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1982
- B.A., Princeton University, 1978
ADMISSIONS : California, Florida, New York
Rate : $$$$