Jennifer Kappel counsels clients in the transactional aspects of franchising, licensing, and distribution matters.
She works with both experienced and startup franchisor clients to structure franchise programs and to draft franchise-related documents, such as franchise agreements, license agreements and disclosure materials for domestic and international development. She also prepares documents for franchise-related business transactions, including asset sales, terminations, transfers and other related corporate matters.
Jennifer has represented clients in bankruptcy court on issues that include the appointment of a trustee and the conversion from a Chapter 11 to a Chapter 7 proceeding.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Jennifer practiced as a bankruptcy attorney in Northern Virginia and Washington, DC, where she represented numerous clients in Chapter 7 liquidation and Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings.
- American Bar Association
- ABA – Forum Committee on Franchising
- ABA – Business Law Section
- International Franchise Association
- Women’s Franchise Network
- Virginia Bar Association
- J.D., American University, Washington College of Law 2000
- B.A., French Language & Literature, The University of Chicago 1993
Rate : $$$