Jennifer L. Keating represents clients in transactions and general corporate law matters. Her transactional practice is focused on stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, joint ventures and similar transactions.
She also advises clients on corporate governance matters and has represented clients in strategic commercial matters such as licenses, technology agreements, development and collaboration agreements and supply and distribution agreements.
She has worked with clients in a number of industries, including chemicals, agribusiness, financial services, technology, automotive and telecommunications.
Jennifer joined Mayer Brown in 1999 and is co-leader of the Chicago Corporate & Securities practice. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Jennifer was a law clerk to the Honorable James B. Loken of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
- The University of Chicago Law School, JD, with honors
- Cornell University, BA
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Activities : Member of Board of Trustees, Kohl Children’s Museum of Greater Chicago
- Represented a global information services company in the divestiture of an intellectual property solutions business.
- Represented DaVita Inc. in the formation of a joint venture involving the sale of an aggregate 40% equity interest in DaVita’s Asia-Pacific kidney care business to subsidiaries of Khazanah Nasional Berhad and Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
- Represented Wells Fargo in the negotiation of an agreement for the transfer to AFCO of producing agent relationships from Wells Fargo’s insurance premium finance business.
- Represented a global management consulting and professional services company in the acquisition of an advisor to global financial and investment firms.
- Represented a global investment fund manager in the formation of a joint venture with a leader in the global payments industry.
- Represented Chemtura Corporation in connection with various matters, including the sale of its EPDM and chemical foaming agent businesses and the sale of its Refined Products business.
- Represented UAL Corporation in connection with the sale of MyPoints.com, a subsidiary providing member-driven Internet direct marketing services.
- Represented General Motors Corporation in the sale of its Electro-Motive Division (EMD) to an investor group led by Greenbriar Equity Group and Berkshire Partners.
- Represented Abbott Laboratories in its acquisition of i-STAT Corp. via a cash tender offer and second-step merger.
Rate : $$$