Jennifer S. Kreick advises and counsels health industry clients, such as health systems, providers, suppliers, investors, pharmaceutical manufacturers and biotech companies, and managed care organizations, on how best to meet their business goals and manage and address the increasingly complex regulatory and compliance environment in the healthcare industry.
Jennifer has delivered practical legal and business advice to healthcare clients in a variety of matters,
- such as structuring transactions and contractual relationships in compliance with fraud and abuse laws and corporate practice of medicine laws;
- reviewing and negotiating product supply agreements;
- conducting compliance reviews and assessments;
- providing operational counsel to hospital systems, accountable care organizations, and healthcare companies;
- drafting and reviewing HIPAA privacy and security policies and procedures, security risk assessments, and training for covered entities and business associates;
- representing covered entities and organizations before state and federal agencies and licensing boards;
- representing healthcare providers in connection with False Claims Act investigations; and
- the formation, certification, and operation of a non-profit health organization (formerly known as a 5.01(a)’s).
Prior to joining Haynes and Boone, Jennifer managed the implementation of electronic medical record software for hospitals and outpatient clinics, including a large health system with more than 20 specialties. She worked closely with providers and staff to ensure the software supported their workflows and documentation needs.
Jennifer is a member of the Dallas Bar Association Health Law Section and the American Health Lawyers Association.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, valedictorian; summa cum laude; Order of the Coif; SMU Law Review Association, Journal of Air Law & Commerce, Associate Managing Editor
- B.A., Duke University, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Legal Intern, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of Texas, July 2011-August 2011
- Legal Extern, The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, January 2012-April 2012
ADMISSIONS : Texas
Rate : $$$