Jennifer M. Kurcz is a patent litigator with experience in trademark protection. Her experience is heavily concentrated on PTAB trials and proceedings, in addition to district court litigation and federal appeals. Jennifer works with clients to provide insightful and practical advocacy, often drawing on her depth of knowledge and experience in computer science litigation.
- Obtained a jury verdict of infringement and award of $15.8 million on behalf of software company in a patent infringement suit.
- Defended a leading wireless audio company against infringement claims where the plaintiff sought significant damages. Obtained a walkaway settlement.
- Obtained a multimillion-dollar jury verdict (and affirmance on appeal) for patent infringement on behalf of a Chicago-based software company.
- Represented a patent owner in asserting an extensive patent portfolio to obtain licenses and more than 20 settlements.
- Defended a Fortune 200 pharmaceutical company in an infringement suit, obtaining favorable claim construction and settlement.
- Secured a default judgment and $1 million sanction award against a futures commission merchant in the Northern District of Illinois.
- American Bar Association: Intellectual Property Section
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO)
- PTAB Bar Association
- ChIPs, Chicago Chapter: Leader
Community : Hinsdale Junior Woman’s Club
- J.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Law, cum laude; Order of the Coif; Nebraska Law Review, Executive Editor
- B.S., Biochemistry, minor in Mathematics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, summa cum laude
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Rate : $$$