Jennifer Brockett represents restaurants, franchises and distribution businesses in litigation to protect their intellectual property and their brands, enforce their contracts, and defend their business practices.
Jennifer is a California Bar Certified Specialist in Franchise and Distribution Law, and is a FSMA Preventative Controls Qualified Person. She also co-authored California’s Model Jury Instructions regarding trade secrets (required for use in all trade secret matters tried in California).
Jennifer is the President of the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice, a nonprofit dedicated to representing domestic violence survivors and ensuring their access to justice. She also advises Run2Rescue, a nonprofit that assists survivors of trafficking in rebuilding their lives, regarding the legal issues that its clients face. She previously served as the chair of the California State Bar Committee on the Administration of Justice.
- Certified Specialist, Franchise and Distribution Law
- FSMA Preventative Controls Qualified Person
Professional & Community Activities:
- Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice Board of Directors, President, 2015-present; Vice President, 2012-2015; Secretary, 2010-2012; Member, 2008-present
- ABA Forum on Franchising, Member, 2010-present
- Ad Hoc Committee, Adequate State Court Funding and Operations, Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2014-present
- State Bar Federal Courts Committee, 2007-2010
- State Bar Committee on the Administration of Justice, Chair 2004-2005; Vice Chair 2003-2004, Member 2001-2005
- Los Angeles Copyright Society
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 1997
- American Jurisprudence and Corpus Juris Secundum awards in Civil Procedure
- Distinguished Advocate and Best Briefwriter, UCLA’s Moot Court competition
- UCLA State Moot Court Team
- Managing Editor, UCLA Women’s Law Journal
- A.B., Economics, Occidental College, 1994
- Member, Omicron Delta Epsilon (Economics Honor Society)
Rate : $$$$