Jennifer Colvin’s practice is focused on labor and employment litigation. She began her legal career as an Administrative Law Judge with the Illinois Labor Relations Board, specializing in public sector labor law. Jennifer joined Ogletree Deakins in 2006.
Jennifer’s current practice ranges from advice and counseling on matters such as employee handbooks, personnel policies, downsizing, family/medical leave, medical examinations, drug testing, discipline and discharge, and non-compete/non-solicitation issues to litigation and alternative dispute resolution of claims under federal, state and local employment laws.
Jennifer’s labor law practice includes advising companies regarding grievances and representing companies in labor arbitrations. Jennifer also has extensive experience in defending tort related matters.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law – Chicago, 2001
- B.A., Marquette University, 1998
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Central, Northern and Southern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Representing Fortune 500 companies, smaller companies and non-profit organizations in administrative and court proceedings
- Obtaining a directed verdict for a premier provider of advanced machining solutions in a same-sex sexual harassment and national origin discrimination claim
- Obtaining summary judgment for a Fortune 100 company in a claim asserting negligent hiring and retention, assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress
- Obtaining summary judgment for a national distributor of building materials in a wage and hour claim
- Defeating numerous grievances in arbitrations for a large telecommunications company and for a large producer of steel pipe
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Wisconsin Bar Association
Rate : $$$