Jennifer R. Lan is a counsel in the Private Clients and Estate Planning Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. Her practice focuses on estate and trust planning, probate, asset protection, general business transactions, and federal taxation and tax controversy matters.
Jennifer has extensive experience drafting wills, trusts, and powers. She has drafted and enacted estate plans of various sizes and complexities, including but not limited to special needs trusts, non-traditional families, gifting, ILITs, disclaimers, GRATs, sales to defective trusts, and retirement accounts. She has deep knowledge in the probate process, using her skills and experience to guide clients through every phase.
Jennifer’s practice also focuses on charitable planning, including the drafting and implementation of charitable trusts and the creation of and securing tax exempt status for private foundations. Her experience also includes buying and selling entities, creation of entities, business conversions, international business, and negotiation.
Professional and Community Activities:
- Co-Founder, The Dallas Young Estate Planners Group
- 2017-2018 Chair, Dallas Estate Planning Council Emerging Professionals Committee
- Dallas Estate Planning Council
- North Texas Estate Planning Council
- American Bar Association, Tax and Real Property, Probate, and Trusts Sections
- State Bar of Texas, Tax and Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Sections
- Dallas Bar Association, Tax and Probate, Trusts and Estate Sections
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2007, Managing Editor, Law and Business Review of the Americas
- B.S., Duke University, 2003
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2007
COURT ADMISSIONS : U.S. Tax Court
Rate : $$$