Jennifer Ligon is a senior associate in Williams Mullen’s Health Care Section. She focuses her practice on transactional and regulatory matters, including state licensure compliance, Certificate of Public Need (COPN) matters, Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute compliance, and Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement matters, for hospitals, long-term care providers and physician groups.
She is a member of the Virginia Bar Association (VBA), the Richmond Bar Association and the Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association. She serves on the board of governors of the VBA and as the chair-elect of the VBA’s Young Lawyers Division. She previously served as secretary-treasurer of the VBA’s Young Lawyers Division (2017-2018) and as a development editor of the Young Lawyers Division’s publication, Opening Statement (2015-2017). She is licensed to practice law in Virginia and New York.
Jennifer joined Williams Mullen in 2016 after practicing law for more than three years at another health care law firm in Richmond. Prior to that, she worked for two years in the Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits group at a law firm in New York City.
She received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, where she was on the editorial board of the Virginia Law Review. She received a Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, from Syracuse University.
- Virginia Bar Association
- Board of Governors (2018-present)
- Chair-Elect – Young Lawyers Division (2018-present)
- Secretary-Treasurer – Young Lawyers Division (2017-2018)
- Development Editor – Opening Statement (2015-2017)
- Health Law Section – Young Lawyers Division Representative
- Richmond Bar Association
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.)
- Editorial Board – University of Virginia Law Review
- Syracuse University (B.A.)
Rate : $$$