Jennifer McLoone enjoys a diverse practice defending product liability, wrongful death and significant personal injury actions and handling commercial cases in both state and federal court in Florida and nationally.
Jennifer has defended manufacturers in a wide variety of product liability claims, including claims involving pharmaceutical and medical devices, household products and alleged exposure to contamination due to manufacturing activities.
Her commercial practice has included reversing ex parte injunctions, defeating requests for temporary restraining orders and defending against consumer protection claims under Florida’s Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
Jennifer has overseen complex consolidated proceedings in Florida state courts, coordinated those proceedings with federal multidistrict litigation, developed dispositive case strategies and strategies to defeat class certification.
In addition, she has extensive experience handling appellate matters. Jennifer has been honored as a Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star for multiple years.
Jennifer also maintains an active pro bono practice and has represented foster children in dependency court proceedings involving allegations of abuse, neglect or abandonment.
She has been named a Fellow of the Dade Legal Aid Leadership Academy for her “professional experience, prior commitment and leadership” within the Miami-Dade legal community.
- Bohn v. The Mosaic Co., No. 16-2724 (M.D. Fla., June 13, 2017), obtained voluntary dismissal without settlement of a high-profile putative class action alleging that our client’s storage, management and operation of a phosphogypsum stack in Central Florida gave rise to actionable claims of negligence, nuisance and strict liability after a sinkhole developed underneath the property.
- Howmedica Osteonics Corp. v. Trowbridge, ___ So. 3d ____, 42 Fla. L. Weekly D245a (Fla. 4th DCA Jan. 25, 2017), petition for writ of certiorari granted in medical device product liability action as to discovery order that required the production of identifying information of individuals who report foreign adverse events pursuant to federal regulations, in a question of first impression.
- Tyco Fire Prods., L.P. v. 2711 Hollywood Beach Condo. Ass’n, Inc., 207 So. 3d 299 (Fla. 3d DCA 2016), a petition for writ of certiorari was granted in a product liability action as to a discovery order that required production of privileged information.
- Minor v. Brunetti, 43 So. 3d 178 (Fla. 3d DCA 2010), successfully reversed the dismissal of a complaint in a declaratory judgment case to determine the true owner of property.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a medical device manufacturer in litigation alleging that a pedicle screw implanted during back surgery was defective.
- The Vizcayans Inc. v. City of Miami, et al., 15 Fla. L. Weekly Supp. 657 (Fla. 11th Jud. Cir. May 7, 2008), successfully petitioned appellate court to issue a writ of certiorari quashing the city’s zoning and permitting decisions that permitted the construction of high-density residential condominiums that would have diminished the integrity of Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, a National Historic Landmark.
- The Vizcayans, Inc. v. City of Miami, et al., Case No. ACC-08-004 (Administration Commission Mar. 27, 2009) Case No. 07-2498 (Fla. Div. Adm. Hearings July 9, 2008), successfully obtained final order from the Administration Commission comprising Florida’s governor and the Cabinet concluding that the city’s land use decision to allow the construction of high-density residential condominiums was not in compliance with Florida’s Growth Management Act, after a bench trial before an administrative law judge.
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 2006
- Order of the Barristers
- Order of the Coif
- University of Miami Law Review, Articles and Comments Editor
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards (Contracts, Federal Courts)
- Dean’s Certificate (Contracts, Federal Courts, National Security Law)
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- Honors, Litigation Skills, Trial and Pretrial Award for Litigation Skills, Florida
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Winner and Best Brief Award, Advanced Moot Court Competition
- Intern to the Criminal Enforcement Section, U.S. Department of Justice Tax Division
- B.A., cum laude, University of Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- American Bar Association
- ABA Section of Litigation Young Advocates Committee, Subcommittee Chair (2015-2016 and 2016-2017)
- Dade County Bar Association
- Dade Legal Aid
- Dade Legal Aid Leadership Academy, Fellow (2017-2018)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Third District Court of Appeal Historical Society, Charter Member
- The Hon. Angel A. Cortiñas, Third District Court of Appeal
Rate : $$$