Jennifer “Jenny” E. Michel is the managing partner in the Lafayette and New Orleans offices of Lewis Brisbois and chair of the London Market Group, chair of the Admiralty, Maritime & Energy Litigation Practice and vice-chair of the First Party Property Practice. She has worked with London insurers her entire career.
Licensed in both Louisiana and Texas, she leads a team of experienced attorneys focused on marine, both traditional and alternate energy, onshore and offshore property, construction, environmental, general liability, professional liability, insurance coverage and bad faith claims, advice and litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, as well as subrogation recoveries.
She is frequently asked to evaluate and monitor claims in all these areas on behalf of excess insurers. Through the years, she has had particular experience in negotiation and interpretation of and litigation involving exploration and production energy contracts, including defense, indemnity and additional insured demands. Drawing on her experience in coverage disputes, she also assists insurers in drafting and refining policy wordings.
- Louisiana State University, Juris Doctor, 1987
- Louisiana College, Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude, 1984
- State Bar Admissions, Louisiana
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- State Supreme Courts
- Louisiana Supreme Court
- Texas Supreme Court
- Louisiana Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Lafayette Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
Rate : $$$