Jennifer G. Redmond is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm’s San Francisco office and is Leader of the firm’s Noncompete and Trade Secrets Team. Ms. Redmond specializes in executive disputes and negotiations, negotiating and litigating restrictive covenants, trade secrets litigation, whistleblower litigation, and wage and hour class action litigation.
She writes regularly on the topic of restrictive covenants in California and assists in the structuring of transactions and relationships to support the use of restrictive covenants. She has significant experience in the technology, financial services, entertainment, drug distribution, and national multi-housing industries.
Ms. Redmond’s general employment experience includes counseling employers on enforcement of non-solicitation and non-compete agreements, protection of trade secrets, wage and hour compliance, WARN Act compliance, family and medical leave compliance, disability accommodation, and employee housing, among other topics; assisting in the design and implementation of restructuring and downsizing programs; mediating employment disputes; training management and employees on harassment and discrimination prevention on compliance with wage and hour obligations.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University, 1989, Order of the Coif, Andrew Ewing Scholar, Senior Articles Editor of Vanderbilt Law Review
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1984, with honors
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Represents one of the world’s largest software development companies in WARN Act compliance.
- Represented major e-commerce company in defense of lawsuit alleging disability discrimination and failure to accommodate brought by former employee who suffered from stage 4 colon cancer and a stroke. Brought successful petition to compel arbitration and obtained defense ruling in arbitration finding that employer properly engaged in the interactive process, provided reasonable accommodation, and terminated the employee only after accommodations were unsuccessful.
- Represents one of world’s largest personal technology companies in the strategic use, litigation, and negotiation of restrictive covenants globally.
- Filed noncompete enforcement action against former Chief Marketing Officer of multi-national company, following executive’s abrupt resignation and demand for several million dollars in “good reason” severance. Matter settled quickly and favorably for our client.
- Prosecution and defense of employee mobility cases involving trade secrets and restrictive covenants for talent agency, international insurance broker, biotech companies, national developer of multi-family residential and corporate housing, among others.
- 2016-2018 Member, Board of Directors, Bar Association of San Francisco
- Member, Impala Racing Team, all-women elite development racing team based in San Francisco
- 2014-2016 Chair, Executive Committee of the Labor and Employment Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco
- 2008 Chair, Executive Committee of the Litigation Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco
- Provides pro bono advice to nonprofit organizations in the Bay Area, including Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, Friends of San Francisco Public Library, Chinese American International School, and California School-Age Consortium
Rate : $$$$