Jennifer Rodriguez is an experienced operations attorney with a diverse Big Law and corporate background in a variety of industries, she counsels clients toward practical business solutions in a wide array of legal matters.
Ms. Rodriguez focuses her practice on guiding clients through all facets of their business, including implementation of proactive operating procedures, management of all aspects of the employment relationship, development of “best practices” training programs (to include presentation of those programs to all levels of staff), facilitation of government investigations, and assistance with corporate reorganization plans.
At SMU Law School, Ms. Rodriguez was a member of the SMU Law Review and Order of the Barristers. After graduation, she began her career at Bracewell & Patterson in Dallas (now known as Bracewell). In private practice, she represented a wide range of clients – from a small community garden center to a multi-billion dollar drug store chain. She subsequently advanced through a series of corporate counsel roles at high-profile national companies, including a multi-year role in Chicago, where she provided a variety of legal services to clients such as –
- a senior care company that owns and operates assisted living communities in four states;
- a small-box retail corporation operating six brands in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada;
- a Chicago-based industry leader in automotive care products operating worldwide; and
- a big-box retail corporation operating in the United States and Canada.
Ms. Rodriguez enjoys providing advice and counsel to clients in various lines of business, marrying practical ways to achieve business goals. She is also experienced in partnering with trial counsel to help with the management of general litigation and other business disputes.
Ms. Rodriguez has developed a niche practice in the senior living industry, including development, financing, acquisition, and day-to-day operations. She also serves as Outsourced General Counsel to many of her clients.
On the transactional front, Ms. Rodriguez is experienced with reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including agreements regarding purchase/supply matters, marketing/promotion, intellectual property licensing, real estate acquisitions, and collaborative business opportunities. She also has experience managing her clients’ regulatory compliance matters, corporate governance, and risk management.
- Southern Methodist University (SMU) School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas at San Antonio, B.A.
- Bracewell & Patterson, LLP (now known as Bracewell, LLP)
- The LaSalle Group (General Counsel)
- Michaels Stores (Corporate Counsel)
- Turtle Wax (Corporate Counsel)
- Zale Corporation (Corporate Counsel)
Rate : $$$