Jennifer L. Romig joined Ropes & Gray in 2010 as an associate practicing in the health care group. Jennifer provides regulatory, transactional, and compliance advice to a broad range of clients, including hospitals, managed care plans, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, technology product and service providers and managed service organizations.
Jennifer has particular experience counseling on an array of data privacy, protection and security matters under HIPAA as well as state privacy and security laws.
In addition, Jennifer advises clients in connection with compliance matters and innovative health care payment models, including the Bundled Payment for Care Improvement initiative and the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Model. Jennifer also advises private equity, for-profit and tax-exempt clients regarding health care due diligence, regulatory and reimbursement issues.
Jennifer previously worked onsite in the legal department of a multinational medical device company. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Jennifer worked as a Public Interest Fellow in the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic at Southeast Louisiana Legal Services.
- JD, The University of Chicago Law School, 2009
- BA (Asian and Middle Eastern Studies, Government), cum laude, Dartmouth College, 2006
- Illinois, 2011
- New York, 2010
- Counseled an academic medical center on its affiliation with a large health system and provided advice with respect to affiliation agreements and diligence matters.
- Advised a physician group practice on its contract negotiations with a large health system.
- Assisted a client with the development and implementation of a HIPAA compliance program.
- Performed regulatory due diligence in connection with transactions involving medical device companies.
Rate : $$$