Jennifer B. Sokoler is an accomplished litigator and regulatory lawyer whose practice focuses on appellate, administrative, and other complex litigation matters. Jennifer has particular expertise advising and representing healthcare companies and educational institutions. She has drafted briefs and other trial submissions in numerous state and federal courts as well as the United States Supreme Court.
Jennifer assists insurers and healthcare providers navigating the complex regulatory challenges created by the Affordable Care Act and has prepared comments on rules proposed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
She also has considerable experience representing colleges and universities, including advising colleges on policies and procedures affecting student speech and campus security, drafting amicus briefs on behalf more than fifteen colleges and universities in the ongoing litigation to oppose the rescission of DACA, and participating in the defense of a college that was sued under state law for taking disciplinary action against a student found to have committed a sexual assault.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Jennifer completed three clerkships, including serving as a law clerk to the Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor. She was also a fellow at the Center for Reproductive Rights, where she now serves on the Board, and a senior advisor to U.S. Ambassador Samantha Power.
- New York
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals for the Second, Sixth, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- Columbia University, J.D., 2010: Note Editor, Columbia Law Review; James Kent Scholar; Pauline Berman Heller Prize, awarded to the highest ranked female graduating student
- Barnard College, B.A., Political Science, 2006: summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Board of Directors of the Center for Reproductive Rights
- Honorable Sonia Sotomayor, Supreme Court of the United States
- Honorable Robert A. Katzmann, US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Honorable Denise Cote, US District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$