Jennifer M. Stevenson helps clients in the pharmaceutical, personal care product and consumer goods sectors protect their business interests and reputations when facing high-stakes product liability litigation.
A strategist with experience defending against innovator liability claims and other novel theories, Jennifer has served as lead counsel in multidistrict litigation as well as individual cases involving asthma, antiemetic, anti-seizure and weight loss medications, among other prescription drugs.
In this capacity, she has authored Daubert briefs on general- and specific-causation in addition to defending experts from Daubert challenges and mounting such challenges against opposing experts.
Jennifer also conducts in-depth risk assessments for clients, enabling them to get ahead of the product liability curve. She has a particular interest in federal preemption as it relates to pharmaceutical products and has monitored legal developments in this area.
- Multidistrict Litigation. Lead counsel representing one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical manufacturers in multidistrict litigation alleging that antiemetic medication can cause birth defects.Multidistrict Litigation. Drafted Daubert briefing and other motions in pharmaceutical multidistrict litigation alleging that anti-seizure medications cause suicidal thinking and completed suicide.
- Multidistrict Litigation. Worked up bellwether cases in large pharmaceutical multidistrict litigation alleging that statins cause diabetes, before grant of summary judgment.
- Coordinated State Court Litigation. Deposed dozens of plaintiffs and healthcare providers in large pharmaceutical state court coordinated litigation and obtained concessions leading to dismissal of cases.
- Pharmaceutical Product Liability Litigation. Obtained stay of discovery for more than a year and dismissal with prejudice of lawsuit involving weight loss medication.
- Product Liability Litigation. Represented the largest domestic manufacturer of plastic consumer gasoline containers in numerous cases alleging injuries from misuse of the containers.
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 2004
- B.A., with highest distinction, University of Kansas, 2000
- Kansas Legal Services Board
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas, Law Clerk to the Hon. Julie A. Robinson
Rate : $$$