Jennifer W. Weller concentrates her practice in class action litigation and the representation of attorneys in legal malpractice cases. She has extensive experience litigating consumer class action cases involving claims brought under various state and federal laws, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Illinois Collection Agency Act (ICAA), the Illinois Consumer Fraud Act (ICFA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
Ms. Weller has represented lending institutions, debt collection agencies, debt buyers and lawyers. She has also represented debt collection agencies in regulatory proceedings before the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) and in responding to state civil investigative demands.
Before joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in September 2000, Ms. Weller was for one year an associate with the law firm of Haskell & Perrin. Admitted in many district courts within the Seventh Circuit, Ms. Weller has assisted clients in numerous consumer class actions at the trial and appellate level. She is a member of ACA International and NARCA.
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 1999
- B.A., History and Speech, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$$