Jennifer P. Whitton focuses her practice on healthcare law, advising clients in regulatory and compliance matters and structuring complex transactions involving acquisitions, joint ventures and other strategic affiliations.
She develops strategies and solutions that assist clients in navigating complex statutory and regulatory requirements, while effectively and efficiently meeting clients’ business objectives.
- Advises institutional healthcare facilities on compliance with healthcare regulatory laws, including federal and state fraud and abuse laws, HIPAA, the Affordable Care Act, and federal and state reimbursement laws.
- Assists with the structuring of transactions among healthcare providers, including asset purchase transactions, equity transactions, joint ventures, employment agreements, joint venture operating agreements, medical director agreements and management agreements.
- Advises clients regarding federal and state healthcare fraud and abuse issues, including matters arising under the federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, and the Civil Money Penalty Statute.
- Represents a variety of institutional healthcare clients in connection with state healthcare licensure matters, including nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, surgery centers, diagnostic testing facilities, hospitals, home health agencies and infusion agencies, as well as a fertility clinic and egg bank.
- Provided regulatory and transactional assistance to a multicampus hospital system in the evaluation and development of a clinically integrated network of providers.
- Georgia Bar, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Atlanta Legal Aid Society
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, summa cum laude
- B.A., Agnes Scott College, cum laude
Admissions : Georgia
Rate : $$$