Jennifer A. Youpa litigates on behalf of management, often in the retail and construction industries, in connection with all types of employment disputes, including discrimination and harassment claims based upon: The Fair Labor Standards Act, The Age Discrimination in Employment Act, The Older Workers Benefit Protection Act, The Family and Medical Leave Act.
She frequently appears in federal and state courts and has significant experience mediating with numerous Equal Employment Opportunity Commission offices, particularly in Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix and Denver, as well as with the Texas Workforce Commission in Austin.
She also handles the defense and audits of Fair Labor Standards Act exemptions and practices. Among her notable accomplishments, she recently defeated a class certification on behalf of a home-building corporation.
Jennifer has given numerous presentations and speeches on a variety of employment-related topics, including unlawful harassment and other forms of discrimination, reductions-in-force, and litigation avoidance. She has served on the firm’s Management Committee and is former co-chair of the Corporate Compliance and Ethics practice group.
Previously, Jennifer worked as in-house counsel for a Fortune 100 company. In law school, she was a member of the Texas Law Review.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 1985
- B.A., University of Texas, Austin, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Employment Law Section, American Bar Association
- Pro Bono Employment Counsel, Communities in Schools
- Pro Bono Employment Counsel, Bryan’s House
Rate : $$$$